COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only collect information about individuals that is necessary for us to carry on our business functions. We will collect personally identifiable information from you when you knowingly provide it to us, including:
- While you navigate through certain pages of the Site, when you make a purchase on this Site, create a user account on the Site, or provide information via our various social media channels;
- When you participate in a survey, promotion, offer, competition or other activity that we may conduct;
- When you fill out a form or contact us via email, in person, over the phone, fax or internet or otherwise send information to us, including when you make a request/enquiry of us; or
- In relation to recruitment or prospective employment with us including job applications, references and related materials.
We may also collect your information from other customers, such as your related bodies corporate, associates, friends or family, if they request us to provide goods or services to you.
The information we may collect depends on the nature of our relationship with you. Personal information includes, among other things, an individual's name, credit card number, address, telephone number and email address or other Internet address. We also may ask you for your date of birth, gender, and information about your interests and other personal information so that we can combine such information with the information described above.
Importantly, in some circumstances if you do not provide the information that we request, you may not be able to engage with us. For example, if you refuse to provide some personal information as may be requested during an online purchase transaction, you may not be able to complete your purchase.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information for the reasons we collected it, for other related purposes and for reasonable business purposes. For example, we may use personal information in the following ways:
- To fulfil your order, or process your request or enquiry or for billing and payment purposes;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, including information about upcoming product introductions, store openings and the like;
- Where personal information is collected from competitions/promotions/offers and similar activities, to send you promotional and marketing material or for the purposes of coordinating the competition/promotion/offer or activity (e.g. fulfilling prizes, announcing/publishing winners in any media, etc);
- For marketing and promotional purposes including to send you promotional and marketing material which promotes the business and services of Krispy Kreme;
- To better design our Site and to improve our marketing strategy and products;
- Where personal information is collected in connection with recruitment, solely for the purpose of evaluating whether your background and experience makes you a candidate for a career with Krispy Kreme, and related recruitment purposes; or
- To deal with any enquiries or complaints or for customer support purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Krispy Kreme reserves the right to use or disclose any information as required or authorised by any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the Site, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of health and safety. From time to time, we may disclose personal information to our legal or professional advisors and providers.
We may share your personal information with our store operators, service providers (for example, mailing houses and IT services providers), contractors, related entities and agents. We may also disclose your personal information to selected business partners so that they can contact you with information about products/services that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to this.
Some of the service providers that we use to process personal information on our behalf may be located outside of Australia. Unless otherwise advised and to the best of our knowledge, the service providers who we disclose personal information to in this manner are subject to a contract, law or binding scheme that has the effect of protecting the personal information in a way that is at least substantially similar (or better) to the protection offered by the Australian Privacy Principles.
In addition to personal information, Krispy Kreme may also gather non-personal information, which may be used by Krispy Kreme. Generally, “non-personal information” means information that is collected through “traffic data” and may entail the use of “cookies”, “IP addresses”, “pixel tags” or other numeric codes used to identify a computer or monitor how or when a user accesses the Site.
ABOUT IP ADDRESSES
Krispy Kreme collects IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the Web. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When guests request pages from the Site, our servers log the guests’ IP addresses. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that a user’s session will be logged, but the user remains anonymous to us.
Certain visitors to our Site may have previously received targeted promotional materials. Krispy Kreme may use Site usage information about such visitors for the purpose of tracking whether (and when) the recipient opens a message, for targeting future campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics. We do not use this information to identify specific individuals, but rather to gather general statistics regarding the use of our Site and emails that we send.
COMMUNICATION FROM SITE
You may occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. If you have submitted information to the “Career” portion of the Site, we may also contact you with regard to potential jobs. Out of respect for your privacy we present the option to not receive these types of communications. If at any time you wish to opt out of receiving further communications from our Site please contact us
SECURITY AND ACCESS FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable steps to:
(a) make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
(b) protect personal information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and to
(c) destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to correct this information. To review or update your personal information, or if you wish your personal information to be deleted, please contact us. We may charge for providing access to this information and we may refuse access if permitted by applicable laws. We will let you know if access needs to be refused and whether any charges would apply to provide you with access when we receive your request.
If you are concerned that there may have been a breach of your rights or any rights under the Privacy Act, please contact us . Krispy Kreme takes such matters very seriously and shall respond to any such concerns with you directly in a prompt fashion.
Krispy Kreme understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy especially in an on line environment. Our Site is not intentionally designed for or directed at children under the age of 13 years. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.
PRIVACY AND CHANGE OF CONTROL
In the event Krispy Kreme goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.